Learning Disabilities Tools
Active Support Model
The Active Support Model is designed specifically to ensure people who we support have the opportunity to be fully involved in their lives, while receiving the right range and levels of support to ensure they are successful. This outcomes focussed tool allows monitoring of progress towards maximised participation.
Our services encourages each person to be involved in every aspect of their life, through carefully planned interventions and mentoring, enabling skill development. Our person-centred approach has led people to fully engage in their review process while making positive life changes based on their person-centred profiles.
The active support model plan involves aspects such as:
- The plan is flexible
- The plan considers what is involved in the daily running of the house (providing opportunity for participation
- Consideration of each individual’s current routine
- Identifying the core activity and support plan for the house for the week
- Using plans on a daily basis
- Monitoring regularly – Active Support Participation Record
- Writing plans in performance terms
- Identifying opportunities to target specific skills
- Teamwork and consistency across the staff team is essential
- Build in regular reviews
Brief Behavioural Assessment Tool (B-BAT)
The B-BAT tool take a positive approach based on detailed behaviour support planning. Each person is supported with an individual care plan designed to meet their individual needs.
News and events
New Acquired Brain Injury Service Ready to Host Open Day
Boston House will offer specialist Acquired Brain Injury support ranging from intensive nursing support to residential...
Autism Conference 2020
The annual autism conference is back this year, highlighting the importance of learning to listen...
The People we Support Unite Together with Singing
There are some activities which bring people together and where we can all simply enjoy...
Joseph and William Climb Mount Snowdon
Tackling the highest mountain in Wales saw two people we support at The Chantry put their...
Gloucester Supported Living Team get Festive
The festive season is in full swing at Gloucester Supported Living!
Finalists at the Skills for Care Accolades Awards 2020 Announced
We are delighted to announce our learning and development team has been named as a...